An adorable picture book study for "The Story of the Pilgrims". Lots of fantastic extension activities to help your students celebrate the Thanksgiving season. This study has a variety of resources and can be used for preschool, kindergarten, or 1st grade.
What You Get
- A teacher guide with discussion questions, vocabulary words, and bonus activity ideas.
- The Story of the Pilgrims coloring page
- "I Am Thankful For" activity page
- Trace the Turkey activity page
- Mayflower coloring page
- Movable Pilgrim Puppets (templates for boy and girl, use brads at joints)
- Tracing activity page
- Pilgrim Hat Template
- Indian Head Dress Template
- 3 letter "P is for Pilgrim" handwriting practice pages
- Write the Story Sequence template
- Fill In The Missing Story Word
- Design Your Own Cover template
- Label the Parts of the book (cut and glue)
- Story word and picture sorting activity (cut and glue)
- Finish the Words From The Story (cut and glue the missing letters)
- Sight word worksheet (THEY and THERE)
- Blend worksheet (GR)
- Words in the Story Handwriting Page
- Sounding out words cards
- Sight Word cards
- Compare Them! Venn diagram worksheet
- Story Elements
- Draw and Write "How Did The Indians Helps the Pilgrims?" template
- Sequencing Story Strips
- Template for students to write and illustrate their own version of the story
Create Your Own Bundle of Picture Book Studies:
You Might Also Like...
Take a moment to VISIT MY STORE and follow me to hear about new curriculum and sales!
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST to get inspiring ideas for your classroom!