An adorable picture book study for "The Very Hungry Caterpillar". Lots of fantastic extension activities. This study has a variety of resources and can be used for preschool, kindergarten, or 1st grade.
What You Get
- A teacher guide with discussion questions, vocabulary words, and bonus activity ideas.
- Story chain sequencing strips
- Cut-out and glue worksheet
- Label parts of a butterfly worksheet (and answer key)
- Napping House coloring page
- Sleeping Granny coloring page
- What do you need to sleep? worksheet
- 3 letter "B is for Butterfly" handwriting pages
- Write the Story Sequence template
- Fill In The Missing Story Word
- Design Your Own Cover template
- Label the Parts of the book (cut and glue)
- Story word and picture sorting activity (cut and glue)
- Finish the Words From The Story (cut and glue the missing letters)
- Sight word worksheet (VERY and ONE)
- sight word cards
- Digraph worksheet (CH)
- Words in the Story Handwriting Page
- Sounding out words cards
- Non-fiction article about butterfly lifecycle
- Story Elements
- Cut-apart sequencing strips
- "What kind of butterfly would you be" writing prompt
- Template for students to write and illustrate their own version of the story
Just buy the Coloring Pages for Classic Picture Books
Create Your Own Bundle of Picture Book Studies:
You Might Also Be Interested in Other Picture Book Studies...
Take a moment toVisit My Store and follow me to hear about new curriculum and sales!
Follow Me On Pinterest to get inspiring ideas for your classroom!