Are you looking for a way to engage your students to become more reflective readers while hitting those speaking and listening communication standards? Book talks are the perfect solution!
In this packet, you will find all the resources you need to implement book talks in your classroom in the coming year. These are perfect for upper elementary students and hit a variety of standards all at once. The best part is they can be accomplished in just five minutes a day only a couple days a week.
This packet includes:
* An detailed overview of how I use book talks in my room
* The CCSS for grades 3-6 that book talks cover (although you can easily adapt them for other grades as well)
* Parent letter
* Book talk planner page for students
* Blank calendar for you to use to assign presentations
* Easy-to-use assessment rubric