Students will practice teamwork skills while solving a problem, learn about 4 different genres of books, and escape the room.
Want to make a HUGE impact with encouraging students to read? Use these step-by-step instructions to guarantee student engagement while they learn about how to work as a team to help a store owner, discover new book genres and ESCAPE THE CLASSROOM with a BOOK Tasting! With a little prep, your students will work as a team to break into a box, which breaks them out of the classroom as they beat the clock! Use any books you want with this activity!
*Designed for 1st-5th Grades
What's inside this download?
Pg. 1 Cover
Pg. 2 Table of Contents
Pg. 3 Directions (with video link)
Pg. 4 Materials Needed to Set Up
Pg. 5 Checklist for Set Up
Pg. 6 (Motivational Paragraph)
Pg. 7 Book TASTING - Read after pg.6 and the video)
Pg. 8 9,10 MENU for 4 Book Tasting Reviews
Pg. 11 Place Setting
Pg. 12 -15 Signs and Vocabulary Posters (Students will learn about fiction, non-fiction, biographies, poetry and federal funds.)
Pg. 16-17 Paper Keys (You can use real locks, if you prefer.)
Pg. 18 Help Cards
Pg. 19 Homework Passes (optional prize)
Pg. 20 Bookmarkers (optional prize)
Pg. 21 Letter from Store Owner (Place in the Box)
Pg. 22-23 Certificates for Completion (optional)
Pg. 24-26 Pictures of Set Up
Pg. 27-32 Photo Booth Signs (OPTIONAL)
Pg. 33-38 Banner Pennants
Pg. 39-40 Credits
Check out the Preview and Video Hook
They don't read all the books... just a "taste."
There is a PDF file with step-by-step instructions, a link to incorporate a YouTube Video to HOOK your students into accepting a mission to help a store owner have his Grand Opening. It can only be solved by working through some book "tastings" and using teamwork. Opening the box, (no locks needed) leads them to escaping the classroom to enjoy recess or a library break outside of the classroom. Ideas are included.
This escape room is NOT EDITABLE.
There are 4 Book Tastings using Fiction, Non-Fiction, Biographies and Poetry Book of YOUR choice.
This is great for Read Across America Week!
MATERIALS YOU NEED TO ADD: a box , some surprise to put in the box (homework passes and bookmarks are provided), pencils an food treat for the box, and plates. You can go elaborate and have a pizza store or fancy with silver platters and wear aprons.
Check out the PREVIEW!
Students will learn:
⏳ Teamwork Skills
⏳ Reading Skills
⏳ Problem Solving Skills
⏳ Following Directions
⭐This is a great Observation ACTIVITY!⭐
- Escape Room Mystery Sight Word Kindergarten and 1st Grade Activity
- Escape Room NUMBERS 1-10 - Troll Themed
- Escape Room Alphabet Review -Zoo Themed
- Escape Room Save the Turtles - Ends in a Beach PARTY
- Escape Room Veterans Day
- Escape Room FAMILY LITERACY NIGHT - Dinosaur Themed Editable
- Escape Room Comprehension - Pirate
- Halloween Escape Room
- Thanksgiving Escape the Room Mystery
☀️ Escape Room Sight Word Mystery Video Tutorial
Check these other awesome products out:
Copyright © 2020 Teacher’s Brain
All rights reserved by author.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store.
☺ First 24 HOURS of new products over $1 are ½ off!