Also included in
- This literature circles bundle includes everything you need for student-led book clubs! Use these literature circle roles, rubrics, assessments, and book club activities to facilitate independent novel studies. These materials are suitable for middle school and high school students.Included with t$7.85$11.40Save $3.55
- Looking for middle school mini lessons, worksheets, handouts, and activities to teach literacy in the secondary English Language Arts classroom? This MASSIVE bundle includes reading, writing, speaking and listening activities for over 29 weeks of daily lessons, activities and literacy tasks!⚡️⚡️⚡️ OVE$120.00$200.35Save $80.35
- Make your end of the year activities memorable with these end of the year student gifts, end of the year assessment, and end of the year reflection! This bundle is perfect for middle school students and high school English classes as it will support your literacy curriculum.⚡️⚡️⚡️ SAVE OVER 30% WITH T$5.50$8.05Save $2.55
This book trailer project is a memorable end of the year assessment. Included with this end of the year project is a book trailer rubric and movie trailer instructions and examples to outline expectations for your students.
Included with this Book Trailer Project:
✏️ Book Trailer Project Outline - Digital & Print
✏️ Reflective Writing Assignment Prompt - Digital & Print
✏️ Movie Trailer Task Checklist & Student Planner - Digital & Print
✏️ Peer- and Self-Evaluation Rubric - Digital & Print
✏️ Book Trailer Rubric - Editable & Ready-to-Print
✏️ Teacher Instructions for using this resource
How to use this End of the Year Project:
This book trailer project can be used for any independent novel study, whole-class novel, or even as a final assessment for literature circles! Use this end of the year project as a creative alternative to standardized testing for assessment of comprehension and higher-level thinking. The resources provided with this project are suitable for distance learning with digital worksheets for Google Classroom®.
↠ You can introduce this end of the year project by reading through the Book Trailer Project Outline with your students. This handout provides instructions and expectations for the movie trailer.
↠ This outline also includes a reflective writing assignment that will prompt students to provide an independent literary analysis. This individual writing assignment will assess students’ understanding of characterization, conflict, and students’ formal reviews of the novel.
↠ The Book Trailer Rubric included is provided in both editable and ready-to-print formats. After introducing the assignment expectations, you can introduce the Book Trailer Rubric so that students are able to see how they will be assessed for this project.
↠ You can then show students the Movie Trailer Student Exemplar so that they can engage with expectations on a visual level.
↠ This Book Trailer Project also includes a Peer and Self-Evaluation Form. Students should understand that they will be responsible for reflecting on their work, as well as the work of their group mates. This will support you in completing the individual Book Trailer Rubric, especially for the area that assesses teamwork.
↠ You can also assign students the Student Planner and Task Checklist. These resources will support students in establishing deadlines, and remaining on track to turn in their book trailer project on time.
❤️ See what others are saying! ❤️
November 8, 2021
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Extremely satisfied
We are trying to have more fun at school because our students have had a rough go with the pandemic. This was a light, engaging, and entertaining way to end a novel study unit. Thank you.
September 10, 2021
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Extremely satisfied
This was super easy to use. Luckily it was editable so I can adjust to my needs. It was what I needed with a few personal changes for my specific assignment. Great resource!
April 1, 2022
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Extremely satisfied
I have not seen students so excited to do a project in a long time!
⭒ For classrooms utilizing Google Classroom® ⭒
To access the digital version of these worksheets, simply follow the instructions within the resource to copy the files directly to your Google Drive®.
✨ Kindly note that due to copyright restrictions, these resources are not editable unless otherwise noted. This is a common practice within the TPT marketplace in order to protect the clip artists and software providers that have authorized their intellectual property for the development of this resource.
You might also be interested in Mondays Made Easy's End of the Year Resource Bundle.
⭐ Customer Tip! ⭐
Want FREE CREDIT to go towards purchases? Make sure to offer feedback for your downloads! Follow these instructions below:
- Go to your "My Purchases" page to find a "Provide Feedback" button next to each download.
- Follow this link to offer a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases!
- Your feedback is important to me as it helps me to continually improve my products and ensure they are meeting your needs!
Follow me! Be the first to know about product launches, sales, discounts, and free giveaways:
➾ The Blog
For questions, collaborations, or other concerns:
✉ Contact me: email@example.com
Access my Free Resource Library!
Mondays Made Easy is committed to the continual improvement of resources to meet the current needs of teachers. This product was last updated on May 17, 2021.