This Book Train Craftivity is perfect for your emerging readers and book lovers! Use with any book! After you finish the craft, put them up as a hallway display, or hang them in your classroom on a bulletin board.
*Black and White
* EDITABLE powerpoint versions so you can add your own titles and writing prompts.
* 3 Craftivity Templates in All
- Basic Craft
- Ready Made : The Boxcar Children
- Ready Made : The Polar Express
* PDF (just print and use) and PPT (editable) files
Suggestions for Use:
1. Sequencing and Imagination: Students draw and color in important events from the book and then write descriptions.
2. Main Character Study: Students draw and/or write descriptions or key characteristics of the characters from the book
3. Vocabulary: Use as a literary terms learning method. Write in the literary terms in the title box of the caboose, and then have students give examples or definitions in the caboose picture box
4. Edit the caboose title boxes and write in your own prompts with questions about the reading.
5. Class Joint Activity: Each student gets one caboose and write their own opinion of the book. Then, link all the cabooses together and attach to the bulletin board!
Thank you and Happy Teaching!