Need an exciting, fun, active and engaging activity for your students? Then give this children's literature themed scavenger hunt a go! A perfect activity that can be incorporated into your school's Book Week or it can even be used an an alternate way to inspired your children to read more! A fun afternoon activity :)
1) Before you begin, the teacher(s) place the answer cards around the school for the students to find.
2) Students are encouraged to work in small groups for this activity. Group members can be given the following roles…
- Scribe - (records the answers on the answer sheet).
- Group Leader - (makes the decision about where the group members start searching for answer cards).
3) Give each group a copy of the ‘Book Week Scavenger Hunt Record Sheet’.
4) Students go searching for clues! The first group to find all the correct answers before anyone else are the winners.
5) Whilst the students are looking for answers, the teachers are in an agreed central or ‘home base’ location. This is where students can come to if they are having difficulties or if they think they have discovered all the answers and they want their record sheet checked.
6) Prizes can be awarded for the groups that come in 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
Learn, Be Active and Have Fun!