This product from Wild Child Designs is the perfect March-Is-Reading-Month or end of year activity/project. Students review all of the mentor texts/class read alouds from the entire school year. They choose their favorite and write a persuasive essay in order to convince their classmates to vote for their book.
After writing, they practice reading aloud their persuasive essays. They come dressed for a red carpet event, read their essays aloud, and then vote on the class favorite.
If you're doing all the work for March-Is-Reading-Month, then this product will put the focus back on your students! It includes:
1. Two pages of Teacher Talk directions.
2. A 6 page student packet (black and white), comprised of 2 graphic organizers, a direction page, a final copy stationary page, and a 2 page reader response sheet.
3. Two example graphic organizer example pages, filled out.
4. 7 pages of colored red carpet props.
5. 2 pages of ballots (black and white).
6. 3 pages of colored trophies (gold, silver, and bronze).
7. 1 page Event Invitation for students (black and white, minimally colored).