BookThink is an amazing technique that fosters class discussions at the highest levels of learning.
In a nutshell, students receive question stems for the top tiers of Blooms. They read a common text, create questions using the stems, and then meet for group discussions. The students naturally are discussing at a higher level while they share student generated questions.
You can read and download the guide for free here: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Reading-Discussion-Guide-BOOKTHINK-157335
The attached templates have been updated with the revised Blooms Taxomony. You will find:
- BookThink bookmarks template with question stems
- BookThink question stems for student notebook
- Individual tracker for students to glue in journal/comp book
- Group tracker to help with accountability among the members. Students can turn in to the teacher after the group has met.
- BookThink stems sorted for Fiction vs NonFiction text
- BookThink BINGO sheet with stems on a BINGO board
The technique can be adapted to use with any subject material!
It's a fantastic system, and I hope you enjoy using it in your classroom as much as I do.