Also included in
- Spice up your classroom's bookish culture by adding some reading bulletin boards and meaningful student activities. Use these kits to add pop culture relevance to your classroom environment.Included in this bundle are the following resources, available individually:Spotabook Reading Bulletin Board a$10.79$12.48Save $1.69
- Wanting to create or enhance an independent reading program? Literature circles, intervention lessons, book club, choice reading arrangements? Creating the materials can be overwhelming, but reading choice is crucial to students' growth as readers, perceptions of their abilities, engagement in class$35.00$43.48Save $8.48
Enhance your classroom literacy culture by adding a Bookflix display! With this ready-to-assemble Bookflix toolkit, you will have many of the elements you need to create your own Bookflix display, which can be on a bulletin board, door, or any other open space. Use it to compliment your classroom library or to add a splash of bookish decor that will catch students' eyes. Make reading relevant by comparing it to one of students' favorite pieces of pop culture.
This resource contains:
- 1 Bookflix title image, with adjustable size, in 7 different versions
- 7 Reading related headings that play off of Netflix headings, each available in 9 different colors
- Book images that you can use as frame holders...attach book covers and high-interest hooks on the display, in 17 different colors
- Extra images, browse and search, to add zest to your Bookflix board
- Guidance, directions, a tutorial, and tips for creating your own Bookflix board
- A student My Bookflix activity, which allows them to design their own digital bookflix board...in editable PPT and Google Slides format as well as a PDF version
- A My Bookflix Favs extension activity so that students can share their favorite book recommendations with their peers...in editable PPT and Google Slides format as well as a PDF version
- A tip sheet for writing a short book teaser to accompany the My Bookflix Favs activity
- A list of the books and snippets I used when creating my own board that has a historical focus
If you look at the thumbnails, you will see that the actual display is a physical entity. Use the images provided to create your own version of this. One of the documents included gives suggestions and ideas for creating your own display.
*NOTE: Please understand this resource is not the actual display itself. The contents within provide you with some of the tools you will need to create your own board. You and your students will need to select the books you'd like to use, grab the book images from online, and write the hooks you want to pair with them.
The second part of this resource is digital. You can see many of the components of the digital student activity in the video preview.
You can use the Bookflix reading bulletin board kit with any students. However, the two editable student activities are more appropriate for middle and high school.
If you have already purchased my Book Club bundle, you do not need to buy this bulletin board kit separately. It is included!
Looking for more fun reading activities to enhance the literacy culture in your classroom? Try these:
And more here!
A Couple Tips:
* Be sure to click the "follow" button that is located next to my picture so that you can hear about sales and new products!
* By providing feedback on your purchased products, you can earn points, which ultimately translate into cash toward future purchases...bonus! Plus, I'd love to hear from you.
©Reading and Writing Haven
All rights reserved by author.
Duplication limited to single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.