The many editions of BOOKMARKS PLUS provide students with essential knowledge of the book: title, author info, publication date, genre, story premise, descriptions of main characters, and setting. Each edition also contains a "Words to Know" section, which students can refer to as they come across difficult words. Some even feature a list of words, along with their definitions, that are specific to the setting.
BOOKMARKS PLUS come 5 to a page, front to back, so you can print as many as you like for as long as you like with only a minimal initial investment! The bookmarks are also provided in both a color version and a black and white version.
DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW FILE AND RECEIVE A FREE EDITION OF BOOKMARKS PLUS!
NOTE: The 25 "Words to Know" vocabulary words on the bookmarks are the same words covered in my NUMBER THE STARS synonym/antonym crossword. See list below.
Also, the same 25 words are part of my NUMBER THE STARS Prereading Crossword Puzzle, which familiarizes students with 50 challenging words before they read. See list below.
USE ALL THREE PRODUCTS TOGETHER TO REINFORCE MEANING!
ELEMENTARY EDITIONS OF BOOKMARKS PLUS
* A Day No Pigs Would Die
* The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
* Because of Winn Dixie
* Bridge to Terabithia
* Bud, Not Buddy
* The Cay
* Dead End in Norvelt
* The Devil’s Arithmetic
* The Egypt Game
* Esperanza Rising
* Found, Book 1: The Missing
* Freak the Mighty
* In the Year of the Boar and Jackie Robinson
* Island of the Blue Dolphins
* Jacob Have I Loved
* Julie of the Wolves
* Lupita Manana
* Maniac Magee
* The Midwife’s Apprentice
* Missing May
* Moon Over Manifest
* The Night Tourist
* Number the Stars
* One Crazy Summer
* The Pinballs
* Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
* Running Out of Time
* Sarah, Plain and Tall
* Shakespeare’s Secret
* Shooting the Moon
* The Sign of the Beaver
* Sing Down the Moon
* A Single Shard
* Summer of the Monkeys
* The Summer of the Swans
* The Tale of Despereaux
* The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle
* Tuck Everlasting
* The Watsons Go to Birmingham—1963
* When You Reach Me
* When Zachary Beaver Came to Town
* Where the Red Fern Grows
* The Whipping Boy
* A Wrinkle in Time
Don't see a bookmark for your favorite title? Contact me through TPT, and I’ll create one for you!
Check out my 100s of fun and educational products at:
Below are my fun and unique products over Number the Stars. View all 16 in my store!
• Bookmarks Plus: Number the Stars—A Handy Little Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aid!
• Number the Stars Trivia Game—Fun for the Whole Class! My ThemeQuotes games are the only games that link famous, value-promoting quotations to the themes of the books you teach! Students work in teams to play this cross between Wheel of Fortune™ and Trivia Pursuit™ game! 120 questions!
• Number the Stars: 10 Word Merges—One “Word” Becomes Two! Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
• Number the Stars: 4 Cryptograms—Encoded Similes from the Novel! Students must use their knowledge of the story and their imaginations to decode sentences containing similies from the story! Each cryptogram puzzle has its own code. A great way to familiarize students with similes!
• Number the Stars: 12 Theme-Related Quotations + Teaching Ideas! Well-researched, thought-provoking quotations by some of history’s greatest thinkers—each quotation relates to a theme in the book!
• Number the Stars: 5 Category Jumbles Word Puzzles--Challenging! Students unscramble words and then place the letters into a series of squares. They then arrange the letters in the shaded boxes to spell out the category word at the top of the puzzle. Students love uncovering the mystery word!
• Number the Stars: 2 Vocabulary Crosswords—Fun Way to Learn New Words! Students provide synonyms for challenging words from the story. Good extra credit activity!
• Number the Stars: 4 Fill-In Word Puzzles—Good Trial and Error Exercise! Students enter common words from the story into the puzzle grid, based on the number of letters in the word. The puzzle can be challenging, but each time students enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• Number the Stars: 4 Word Searches Based on the Novel! Categories: Locations Mentioned in the Book; Gone with the Wind; Lise Johansen; Germany: A Wonderful Country
• Number the Stars: 6 Fractured Maxim Word Puzzles Based on the Book! Students rearrange “tiles” to form quotations from the book. Requires students to use their knowledge of the story as well as their knowledge of theme, spelling, phonics, vocabulary, and language!
• Number the Stars: 9 Quotefall Word Puzzles—Unique! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• Number the Stars: Anagram Crossword—A Spelling Challenge! Students decipher common terms from the novel! The puzzle can be challenging, but, as with all crosswords, almost every time they enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• Number the Stars: Completing Characters’ Quotations Crossword--Fun! Students use their knowledge of the book as well as their spelling and reasoning skills to figure out what word goes in the blank!
• Number the Stars: Reading-for-Detail Crossword--Unique! A great way to check students’ reading skills!
• Number the Stars: Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus! Use with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words! A unique crossword!
• Number the Stars: Prereading Crossword—50 words—Use with Bookmarks Plus! Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the Number the Stars edition of Bookmarks Plus and the Number the Stars Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
Word-Wise Educational Products—
more than 800 unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!