I have a poster in my room with proofreading marks, but it's handy to let students have their own version right at their desk, so I created these bookmarks!
This product includes two versions of the bookmark: a full-color version and a black-and-white version. Choose the one that best fits your needs and forget the rest. :)
The bookmarks come 3 to a page so you can minimize your paper usage.
Included proofreading/editing marks:
1) Change to a capital letter
2) Change to a lowercase letter
3) Incorrect spelling
4) Delete words
5) Insert period
6) Insert here (carat)
7) Insert space
8) Delete space
9) New paragraph
10) Transpose/switch the order of the letters or words
The bookmark has two columns: one for the symbol and the other for its meaning. The meaning is put into kid-friendly terms so even elementary students will find this bookmark useful.
Some ways your students could use these include:
1) Use as an actual bookmark.
2) Glue or tape into an interactive writing notebook so they have a copy wherever they go.
3) Tape to student desks as a constant reminder.