Included in this product are both a classroom poster that can be printed or displayed digitally, along with a student comment guide. Using the acronym B-O-O-K-M-A-T-C-H, students can preview, "speed date," page through, and get to know books in any way you like, evaluating them based on nine different criteria. This is a great activity for upper elementary and middle level grades, along with nonreaders or disinterested readers in the upper grades. By using the acronym as a tool to get to know oneself as a reader, students begin to view themselves as a reader and reading as a necessary skill, not a product of schools and homework.
This product was created to coincide with a great lesson from the International Literacy Association that was published on Read Write Think.
For more great resources, make sure you visit my store: Mrs. Conrad Loves Commas and check out resources like the following:
- Google Docs Unit Planning Template
- Book Clubs / Literature Circles on Character (EDITABLE)
- Parts of Speech & Sentence Structure Escape Room
- KC Literary Fonts (Growing Bundle!)
- Notice & Note Signpost Bookmarks (FREE!)
- Holocaust Book Club Unit (Reading, Writing, and Research) (EDITABLE)
To receive credits toward future TPT purchases, make sure you leave a COMMENT on my product(s) after purchase.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out! I'd love to hear from you!
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: @mrsconradlovescommas
Please FOLLOW ME to receive updates when new products are added! :)