Do, Re, Mi! Books You Can Sing is a 3 Week Thematic Literacy Unit that incorporates Common Core Standards! The specific Common Core Standard covered is included in the description below. This thematic study is organized with numbered pages and a contents page to help keep you organized! Also included is a suggested book list to compliment the printable activities.
The following activities include printables and lots of opportunities for phonetic spelling (AKA invented spelling):
• The Lady with the Alligator Purse - Build a Sentence - K.RF.1c.1
• Frog Went A-Courtin’ - Rhyming Froggy Words - K.RF.2a.1
• Baby Beluga - Build a Sentence and Whale Puzzle - K.RF.1c.1
• There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly - Reading and Illustrating Animal Words - K.RF.4.1
• Down By the Station - View From a Train - K.RL.6.3
• She’ll Be Coming Around the Mountain - Color Word Horses - K.RF.3c.1
• Hush Little Alien - Sentence Writing and Building - K.L.1f.1
• The Twelve Days of Christmas - Reading and Matching Ordinal Number Words - K.RF.4.1
• The Gingerbread Man - Uppercase Lowercase Match - K.RF.1d.1
• The Seals on the Bus - Make a Bus Book - K.W.3.1
• Mary Had a Little Lamb - Sentence Writing and Building - K.L.1f.1
• Miss Mary Mack - Color Word Dresses - K.RF.3c.1
• Old Macdonald had a Farm - Song Writing, Illustrating, Decoding Spellings - K.RF.3d.1
• Today is Monday - Reading and Ordering Days of the Week - K.RF.4.1
• Six Little Ducks - Rhyming Ducky Words - K.RF.2a.1
• There Were Ten in the Bed - Word Families - K.L.2d.1
Each week has a detailed Sharing (“Show and Tell”) assignment. As a bonus, I’ve included true and tried “teacher tips” after an explanation of a few activities!!
Be Sure To Check Out . . .
PUPPY Themed Station/Center Signs
PUPPY Themed Job Chart Cards
KITTEN Themed Station/Center Signs
KITTEN Themed Job Chart Cards
You Might Also Like . . .
ROBOT Thematic Literacy and Math Unit – Print & Go and SO Much More!
Circus Themed Thematic Literacy Unit
Thank you for checking out my Books You Can Sing Thematic Literacy Unit! Be sure to download the preview to see more!! If you like this unit, you will surely like my fun, wacky, original 30 Fingerplay Set. Please check that out, too! If you follow me, you already know I love to leave you with a joke and a smile. Since this is a Singing Unit here are a few silly singing jokes to make you chuckle!!
Q: How do you tell when your lead singer is at the door?
A: He can't find the key and doesn't know when to come in.
Q: Did you hear about the female opera singer who had quite a range at the lower end of the scale.
A: She was known as the deep C diva.
Q: How many altos does it take to change a light bulb?
A: None. They can't get up that high.