Bookworm Club is a classroom-proven reading incentive program I used in my first and second grade classrooms. This includes bookworm decor for your classroom that you slowly build over the course of the year. Each day after read-aloud, a student writes the vitals from a book (title, author, and illustrator) on a bookworm body. As the year progresses, the bookworm wraps around the classroom (ours even did out in the hall!).
It's a fun way to motivate students to engage in read-aloud, and track all your read-alouds over the course of the year.
The decor part is only the beginning. We've also covered how to ensure students are reading at home!
This pack also includes:
- two idea pages on how to implement this system
- bookworm decor (b/w and color)
- home reading logs (b/w and color)
- bookworm bucks (b/w and color)
- student reading goal cards (b/w)
- student recommendation cards for your classroom library (just like in bookstores!) (b/w)
- bookworm of the week/month awards when students reach their goals (b/w and color)
- bookworm tags if you choose to give your students book gifts at the holidays and the end of the year (a wee bit of color)
If you need other organization resources for your classroom, please check out our:
1.) Classroom Library Labels
2.) The "Life-Changing" Teacher Toolbox
3.) Classroom Jobs
Please click that little green star above and follow us for *exclusive* TpT follower freebies, fun ideas, and the latest updates!
We have plenty more ideas and weekly freebies at our blog: The Classroom Creative
Make your classroom fun!
Nicolette and Karen
The Classroom Creative
Connect with us on Facebook