These Boom Cards™ (audio included) will give your students practice with beginning sounds F and V in this 20 card deck.
In this deck of self-checking digital task cards:
- Students click on the speaker icon to have the directions read to them, "Find the beginning sound for the picture."
- Students also click on the second speaker icon to hear the name of each picture.
- The directions are the same for all 20 cards, but with a different second audio to name the pictures beginning with "f" or "v" on each card.
- The 20 cards include the following pictures and audio recordings: fan, fence, finger, fire, fish, fog, fat, fin, football, fox, vacuum, valentine, vegetables, vest, volcano, vine, vase, violin, van, and vet.
- Students will look at the picture in the center of each card, listen to the audio to hear the name of the picture, and then choose the correct letter for the beginning sound from the two letter tile choices on each card.
- Every card has the same two letter choices of f and v. One answer choice is wrong, and one is correct.
- The cards in this deck are randomized so that the cards are in a different order each time the deck is played.
- Correct answers are rewarded with a bell sound which automatically advances students to the next card. Incorrect answers hear “whoops” and students must keep trying until the correct answer is chosen.
- There are 20 cards in this deck of self-checking cards.
- This deck of cards is great for center time, early finishers, homework, distance learning, and so much more!
When you purchase this resource, you will not download the cards. In the purchase download, you will find a link that says "Click Here to Redeem Your Boom Cards!" This link will take you to the Boom Learning℠ website where you will access the task cards. You will be required to create an account (FREE or you can upgrade) or to sign in if you already have an account. You will assign the cards to your students.
Students can use a free option called "Fast Play" or your can upgrade to track student data. Fast Play is useful if you are using a free account or using Boom Cards in a group activity (like a smart board). Fast Pins do not record student progress, but are great for demonstration, teaching, or practice. Fast Play does NOT collect individual student data, so it is not appropriate if you want to track student performance. You can upgrade to a premium account to track data and have more options.
What are Boom Cards?
A set of Boom Cards is called a Boom Deck. Boom Cards are digital (hosted online), self-checking (No grading for you AND students get instant feedback), task cards. You can assign cards to all of your students at once or differentiate for groups in your class(es). There is no need for printing, laminating or cutting!
**Use the fast pin links to assign task cards to students via e-mail, Seesaw, or Google Classroom. Read HERE for more details!
How Do I Use Boom Cards?
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks. For additional assignment options you'll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Readhere for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
Boom Learning and Boom Cards are the trademarks of Boom Learning Inc. Used with permission.
Thank you for stopping by!