Also included in
- 10% off - For Speech-Language Pathologists working on speech errors. Using a hole punch, students track repetitions of sounds depending on their level in the speech hierarchy. Each mini-book contains opportunities for 100 repetitions!Are you experiencing any of these challenges in the SLP world?⭐ Pa$33.21$36.90Save $3.69
- The ultimate BUNDLE for Apraxia of Speech.Here's what's included:1. 13 Mini Books for 100 Trials of CV, VC, CVC, etc. Simple Syllable Shapes "I have found this resource useful to send home to parents during the COVID19 closure to provide a simple speech activity resource that does not overwhelm pare$4.50
2 FREE Bowling Pin Boom Decks now included!
"I am so excited to use this product with my severe phonological process students! Such a great way to get a high amount of repetitions."
"I don't know what it is, but kids love punching holes in things. This was a simple, easy resource that was really motivating. Thanks!"
Get 130 articulation punch cards! Low prep and printer ink usage!
Who: For Speech-Language Pathologists working with students with childhood apraxia of speech and/or severe phonological disorders. These students usually begin speech therapy with multiple repetitions of simple consonant – vowel sequences and then progress to the more difficult sound combinations.
Note: these are syllable shapes based on sounds and approximations of sounds and not orthography, meaning they are not intended for reading practice.
What: Using a hole punch, students track their own repetitions of orally spoken (not reading) CV, VC, CVCV, CVC, and CCVC syllable shapes depending on their level in the speech hierarchy:
Each mini-book is arranged by voicing, manner, and/or place of articulation (e.g. bilabial stops).
This is a 39 printable page download (52 total pages with instructions and credits). Included are 13 mini-books:
1. CV syllable shape (voiced and voiceless) – 10 target pictures
2. VC syllable shape – 10 target pictures
3. Simple CVCV syllable shapes – 10 target pictures
4. Complex CVCV syllable shapes – 10 target pictures
5. CVC syllable shapes (bilabial stops) – 10 target pictures
6. CVC syllable shapes (bilabial nasals) – 10 target pictures
7. CVC syllable shapes (alveolar nasals) – 10 target pictures
8. CVC syllable shapes (alveolar stops) – 10 target pictures
9. CVC syllable shapes (velar stops) – 10 target pictures
10. CVC syllable shapes (fricatives) – 10 target pictures
11. CVC syllable shapes (glides) – 10 target pictures
12. CCVC syllable shapes (stops) – 10 target pictures
13. CCVC syllable shapes (fricatives) – 10 target pictures
When: Begin using when students can produce all consonants and vowels in isolation.
Where and How: Use in individual or small group speech sessions.
1. Cut out each page of the mini-book.
HINT: you can cut all three print-outs at the same time to save precious time.
2. Highlight the word, phrase, or sentence based on the student’s goal.
3. The student punches a hole for each accurate production.
4. Punch a hole in the corner and secure with a paperclip for home practice.
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for modern Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (a form of play that gives instant feedback to students for self-grading Boom Cards). For assignment options that report student progress back to you, you will need to purchase a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.