This game practices directions and compass points. The game involves a die, a counter per person and the direction cards. Each person takes a turn to roll the die and turn over a direction card. They move the number of spaces the die indicates in that direction. The instructions state that if the player rolls a 4, 5 or 6 they subtract 3 from the number to get the spaces they need to move. You could cover the 4, 5 and 6 spaces on the die with a sticky dot
stating 1, 2 and 3 if you wish.
The pack contains multiple game boards and different cards to aid with scaffolding different levels of students. The game boards differ with some having a compass point indicating just North, another one has all points labelled and there is also a blank game board to go with the direction cards. The different cards included are full compass points including ones such as north-east, only the main basic compass points and also a set of cards with left, right, up and down on them to go with the blank board. This enables you to adjust the game for different groups.
- 1 Colour game board showing compass point with only north labelled and instructions (2 pages)
- 1 Colour game board showing compass point with all 4 points labelled and instructions (2 pages)
- 1 Colour game board with no compass point and instructions (2 pages)
- 1 Colour set of 24 game cards with all 8 compass points listed (2 pages)
- 1 Colour set of 24 game cards with 4 compass points listed (2 pages)
- 1 Colour set of 24 game cards with directions of up, down, left and right listed (2 pages)
This product contains no editable files. If something is not quite right or not quite what you need, please feel free to contact us via the comment box on Teachers Pay Teachers or email us at email@example.com and we can see about making adjustments for you.
compass, direction, math, maths, game,