PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This is a boss battle quiz concerning the topics of graphing and the metric system!
Have your students challenge the enormous spider and its brood blocking the forest path in the game story by displaying their skills with graphing and the metric system! This assessment can be used as a diagnostic assessment near the beginning of a nature of science unit or a formative assessment in the middle of a nature of science unit. This assessment is comprised of short-answer questions and multiple choice questions. If you are using gamification in your classroom, students who pass this assessment can be rewarded for high scores or punished for scores lower than passing.
Students will be able to demonstrate skills related to these learning targets:
1. I can explain when to use bar graphs, line graphs, pie graphs, and scatter plots.
2. I can collect data and construct a scatter plot to determine if there is a relationship or trend between two sets of data.
3. I can explain the measurement of mass as the amount of matter in an object and use units of grams and kilograms.
4. I can explain the measurement of length as a distance between two points, and use units of meters, centimeters, and kilometers.
5. I can explain the measurement of volume as the amount of space an object takes up, and use units of liters, milliliters, and cm^3.
6. I can explain that density is the amount of matter in a given volume.
Within this download you will get a "gamified" backstory for the "arachnis" encounter, a suggested lesson plan, the boss battle student handout, and an answer key!
Pair this with the following quests for an even greater impact. Each of these quests will help them topple the boss!
Copyright © 2019 Daniel Hellmund
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to classroom use only.