This packet has a variety of worksheets, word sorts, center activities, and fluency passages designed to give children lots of practice reading words with the “Bossy E” (or Final E) spelling pattern, and help them associate the final e spelling pattern with that long vowel sound. This unit has all of the practice your kids will need to help them recognize those Bossy E or Final E words instantly when they see them!
Plus, identification of long and short vowel sounds and recognizing their spelling patterns is a vital skill, because it is one of the keys to unlocking fluency in the beginning reader.
Bossy E - Long Vowel O
This packet includes:
1. Word Lists
2. Bossy E Long O Anchor Chart
3. Pocket Chart Sized Flashcards with Pictures
4. Small Flashcards with Pictures
5. Pocket Chart Sized Flashcards (No Pictures)
6. Small Flashcards (No Pictures)
7. Word Family Sorting Headings for Large Flashcards
8. Bossy E Word Families Sort Recording Sheet
9. Long or Short Vowel? Worksheet
10. Long or Short Vowel Sort Cut & Paste
11. Code, Read, and Draw Worksheet
12. Code it, Write it, Circle it!
13. Long & Short Vowel Flipbook
14. Which Word?
15. Find & Color, and Complete the Sentences
16. Read & Draw
17. Bossy E Foldable and Recording Sheet
18. Reading Comprehension Check
19. Bossy E Clip Cards and Recording Sheet
20. Color by Bossy E Word Families vs. Short Vowels
21. Fluency Chart - Two Versions
22. Fluency Story: Two Versions
23. Fluency Story Comprehension Questions
24. Word Search: Two Versions
Bossy E Long Vowel A can be found here!
Bossy E Long Vowel E can be found here!
Bossy E Long Vowel I can be found here!
Bossy E Long Vowel U can be found here!
©Heidi Butkus, www.heidisongs.com 2018