I love teaching the -ar phonics pattern! Use this fun pirate-themed pack to introduce and practice r-controlled a.
This differentiated resource pack includes:
1. Pirate Poster to help students remember the -ar sound,
2. "Treasure Box" Word List Posters (2 levels)
3. Word Hunt Activity Sheet (2 levels)
4. Spelling Lists (Differentiated w/2 printable student lists!)
5. Fluency Passage: Use for a fluency station, additional word identification practice, or a fluency assessment.
6. Read & Write the Room Center (Differentiated! 2 levels) with three recording sheet options.
My students loved doing the Read & Write the room center! I told them they got to be pirates for a day, and they really put a lot of effort into finding the words and reading them out loud.