Literacy Laws are rules to guide young students when learning to read, write, and spell. The activities in this packet are aligned to the Common Core Standards, with emphasis on Reading: Foundational Skills.
The Bossy R rule teaches children the sounds created when the letter r is with a, e, i, o, and u. Included in this packet are:
1. A description of this phonics rule with examples and teaching tips
2. An introduction activity
3. A poster/anchor chart to help students remember the rule when reading and writing
4. An original song for fun and reinforcement
5. A full-color book called "Bossy R Makes a Change" to introduce the Bossy R sounds
6. A black line master for small individual student books
7. An individual or partner game
8. A worksheet to check for understanding
9. A Read & Draw activity for comprehension
10. A fun enrichment activity.
The activities in this packet would be great for a literacy center!
Please be sure to check out the other Literacy Law packets and bundles in my store. Enjoy! Sheila