Need a fun upper-elementary word work activity when instructing on R-controlled vowels? Then buy this resource! This was used and created for a 3rd grade classroom as activity when learning about R-controlled vowels for the week. The students loved this activity. The rules for the activity are:
1. Choose to be an “X” or “O”
2. Roll your die (look at the r controlled vowel pair)
3. Find a letter pair to form a word
4. Put an “X” or “O” over the word you made
5. Three in a row makes tic-tac-toe
When you buy this r-controlled vowel resource there are two boards included in your purchase.