Also included in
- This U.S. History Bundle includes 25 different Escape Rooms.Here's what's included:1. Jamestown2. Revolutionary War3. Lewis and Clark4. Industrial Revolution5. Great Depression6. Women's Suffrage7. Supreme Court8. U.S. Constitution9. Declaration of Independence10. 13 Colonies11. Lost Colony of Roano$135.00$168.75Save $33.75
- 20 U.S History Escape Rooms Bundle:This Bundle includes 20 different US HistorymEscape Rooms.1. Louisiana Purchase2. Paul Revere3. Lewis and Clark4. Industrial Revolution5. Great Depression6. Women's Suffrage7. Supreme Court8. Jamestown9. Boston Massacre10. Lost Colony of Roanoke11. Transcontinental$108.00$135.00Save $27.00
- 35 Civics and Government Escape Rooms 1. Declaration of Independence2. US Constitution3. Revolutionary War Causes4. Branches of Government5. Bill of Rights6. Founding Fathers7. Preamble8. George Washington9. Boston Tea Party10. Boston Massacre11. Susan B. Anthony12. Supreme Court13. Women's Suffrage$189.00$236.25Save $47.25
- 40 US History Escape Rooms - Imagine having your entire year of US History already planned out for you!1. Declaration of Independence2. US Constitution3. Revolutionary War Causes4. Branches of Government5. Bill of Rights6. Founding Fathers7. Jamestown8. George Washington9. Boston Tea Party10. Bosto$211.40$270.00Save $58.60
- Grab everything you need to teach you Revolutionary War Unit. Eight different, engaging activities with topics covering Causes of the Revolutionary War, Boston Tea Party, Thomas Jefferson, Patriots and Loyalists, Revolutionary War Battles, Declaration of Independence, American Revolution Timeline a$36.39$45.49Save $9.10
- American History: Grab everything you need for the ENTIRE Y-E-A-R for your U.S. History course in upper elementary or middle school. This YEAR LONG BUNDLE includes 81 activities to choose from and you can get it now for 40% OFF! From Jamestown or the 13 Colonies to the Civil War or Civil Rights Move$249.00$416.49Save $167.49
The Boston Tea Party Escape Room will take students on a secret mission around the classroom! This escape room has students decode interesting facts about the Boston Tea Party and the causes of the Revolutionary War. This Escape Room has students walking around the classroom breaking codes. The codes include ciphers, Morse code, cryptograms and a final 4 digit code based on the decoders/clues.
Each clue and code is different. The codes require students to think differently to decipher or decode them. Some codes are easier than others. Some codes require critical thinking to determine what a letter/symbol stands for. Each code will reveal interesting facts about the Boston Tea Party. The use of secret code will keep your students engaged while competing to find the final code. Students can report the final code to you. If you wanted to, you could purchase a 4 digit lock that you program, but it is not necessary at all! No props needed!! There are no fancy shapes to cut out, and no silly envelopes to stuff! This is a NO PREP, PRINT & GO activity!
Students practice hands-on, practical problem solving skills all while learning about the Boston Tea Party. Your students will be inspired to think outside the box!
The best age range for this resource is 8+. Please look at the preview to determine if this resource works for your age group. Younger students may need some help with some of the more difficult codes.
You can use the pre-labeled clues or you can challenge older kids to choose/find the decoder that works for each of the clues. A set of labeled and non-labeled decoders are included for differentiation. A “How to Decode” puzzles is also included.
In addition to learning or reinforcing the subject matter, my escape rooms encourage teamwork and critical thinking. As a “timed” challenge, students will be engaged from beginning to end.
This escape room includes fun, colorful signs to take class pictures with at the end of the mission. Signs include “Puzzle Master”, “She did all the work”, “Genius”, “We did it”, and more! Hang the pictures in your room, send them in a parent newsletter or share them on social media.
An answer key and easy to follow teacher directions are provided.
Time needed: 30-60 minutes
I have included a 6 question formative to complete as proof of understanding. Each “clue” also has one question to answer to ensure comprehension for a total of 10 questions. Many times students rush to solve the puzzles without reading or comprehending what they read. The questions need to be answered correctly before they can win!
Also check out:
»»» U.S. History ESCAPE ROOMS:
»»» U.S. History Scavenger Hunts:
»»» Holiday ESCAPE ROOMS:
»»» Growth Mindset ESCAPE ROOMS:
»»» Civics and Government ESCAPE ROOMS:
»»» Westward Expansion ESCAPE ROOMS:
»»» Presidents ESCAPE ROOMS:
»»» World History ESCAPE ROOMS:
»»» Famous Failures ESCAPE ROOMS:
»»» Women in History ESCAPE ROOMS:
»»» Black History ESCAPE ROOMS:
»»» Back to School ESCAPE ROOMS:
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits you can use to lower the cost of future purchases. I truly value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom. :-)