Assertiveness is an important skill to have for the purpose of educating another person what one's emotional, physical, or social needs are.
Whether it be in individual counseling, group therapy, a student in distress, or a classroom discussion, when not comfortable answering a question, engaging in a specific activity, or uncertain how to problem solve, the participant is encouraged to use one of the “Saying NO” or "Speaking Up" cards to help give the user permission to disagree, set limits, and teach other people when they are uncomfortable in a situation.
After laminating and cutting the PINK cards out, you may use them in one or more of the following ways:
1. . Place them in a jar to be picked out when needed, for example, when a student shares with you a friendship problem they are having, you may ask them to look at the cards and identify which of the cards would be helpful in responding.
2. Tape them to Popsicle sticks to be held up when needed, for example, in a counseling group when they are called on next.
3. Glue them to magnets to use as reminders
4. Lay them out to be sorted through to for journaling prompting, role playing, or class discussion for problem solving.
5. Use in response to reading any of the 32 boundary requiring scenario cards.
Card Deck also includes: I messages script
Label Images © My 1st Passion