Assertiveness is an important skill to have for the purpose of educating another person what one's emotional, physical, or social needs are.
Whether it be in individual counseling, group therapy, a student in distress, or a classroom discussion, when not comfortable answering a question, engaging in a specific activity, or uncertain how to problem solve, the participant is encouraged to use one of the “Saying NO” or "Speaking Up" cards to help give the user permission to disagree, set limits, and teach other people when they are uncomfortable in a situation.
After laminating and cutting the PINK cards out, you may use them in one or more of the following ways:
1. . Place them in a jar to be picked out when needed, for example, when a student shares with you a friendship problem they are having, you may ask them to look at the cards and identify which of the cards would be helpful in responding.
2. Tape them to Popsicle sticks to be held up when needed, for example, in a counseling group when they are called on next.
3. Glue them to magnets to use as reminders
4. Lay them out to be sorted through to for journaling prompting, role playing, or class discussion for problem solving.
5. Use in response to reading any of the 32 boundary requiring scenario cards.
For the same product in the color Red,White, and Blue, click here.
For additional products that address assertiveness and friendship, save 20% on the Girl Drama and Friendship BUNDLE.
Copyright © Mental Fills. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one user is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. See product file for clip-art and font credits.