“Bouscule!” is a fun game for practicing reading in French. It is played in partners, although a group of 3 can also work as long as each player has a different colour of tokens.
To play, each player needs 10 tokens (Unifix cubes work great!) and each group needs a paperclip and a pencil to make the spinner. Students will take turns spinning the paperclip and then finding, reading, and placing a token on the corresponding word. If their partner already has a token on the word, you can bump them off! If the student already has their OWN token on the word, they can add a second one to lock it! (This is my students' favourite part of the game!) Once the word is locked, no one can bump another player off of that word. The winner is the player who has used up all of their cubes first.
This game is perfect to leave out for fast finishers, use in your literacy centers, or you can even send the page home for some fun reading practice with parents.
I use Unifix cubes as tokens, but seasonal erasers from the dollar store can also be great fun! You will just need to ensure that each student has 10 tokens of a particular style.
You can print and use this activity as-is, or you can laminate (or put in a clear page-protector) for repeated use. Both the full-colour version and black and white are included, as well as student instructions.
-10 jetons pour chaque joueur
1. Trouve un partenaire!
2. Place un trombone sur le fileur à côté. Place un crayon sur le point au centre et tourne le trombone!
3. Trouve le mot de vocabulaire qui correspond à ton numéro et couvre-le avec un jeton.
4. À tour de rôle, tourne et couvre les mots.
5. Si ton partenaire a déjà couvert ton mot, tu peux bousculer son jeton pour le remplacer! Redonne le jeton à ton partenaire.
6. Si tu tombes sur un mot que tu as déjà couvert, tu peux ajouter un deuxième jeton et le verrouiller. Personne ne peut te remplacer!
7. La première personne qui utilise tous ses jetons gagne!