These notes on creating and interpreting box plots, also known as box-and-whiskers plots, include tools you can use for an introductory lesson. It includes box plots guided notes, a mini-activity, exit ticket, homework, and a quick write. These materials will engage kids as they learn about this important math concept. Answer keys are included.
(1) Guided notes: information that gets straight to the point in easy-to-understand language and visuals.
(2) Mini-Activity: The Keys to Quartiles
(3) Exit ticket: small, but effective tool to assess student learning.
(4) Homework: reinforce the lesson at home.
(5) Quick write: Start the next class with a review of box plots.
Each purchase of this product is for one individual teacher (licensee). The individual licensee can make copies for one classroom only. Please do not share this product with co-workers, grade levels, or within schools or districts without purchasing the appropriate number of licenses. Additional licenses are available on TeachersPayTeachers.com. Licensee may not upload this product to the Internet in any form. For additional information about licenses, please email me at email@example.com.
(c) 2016 Route 22 Edu