Boxed Out is one of the most popular math centers from my number sense math unit
. This is an EXTENSION pack for this that practices numbers 101-1,000. Please note that this does NOT include numbers 1-120 as that is only included in the math unit.
There are a ton of fun ways to use these!
This blog post
shows how I use the 1-120 charts!
These provide a TON of practice for numbers to 1,000!
- Play Boxed Out with cubes or coloring in (students draw a number card and cover it with their marker or color it in until someone gets 5 in a row to win!)
- Cut the charts up to make puzzles (my blog post above shows how I do this with the 1-120 charts to make differentiated puzzles)
- Put the number cards in order (they fit great in a pocket chart!)
- Compare the numbers as greater than or less than / Play War
- Draw number cards and build them with base 10 blocks
- Number Cards for numbers 101-1,020
- 9 "BOXED OUT" number charts:
- The same charts as above that say "Numbers 101-220" etc. at the top for counting practice, for students to keep in their math folders, to cut up as puzzles, etc.
I also include an option for numbers 1000-1020 without a comma for those of you who teach them that way. :)