This engaging, complete lesson plan has your students analyzing the Boxer Rebellion through primary sources, a video, and reading activity!
It's a perfect resource for your Imperialism unit and provides a thorough overview of the Boxer Rebellion in China through a variety of activities.
The download includes:
• A detailed directions page with steps on how to use the lesson
• A warm up question
• Secondary source reading on who the Boxers were
• Primary source song about the Boxers
• 8 primary source cartoons related to the Open Door Policy & Boxer Rebellion
• A worksheet for students to use with the cartoons
• Video links and a concluding activity
The lesson can be easily differentiated with groups, as a station activity, or done online! An answer key for the chart is also included for your convenience.
This download also includes a Google Drive digital version
of the activity! If you're in a paperless classroom or just want to integrate more digital resources, you can use the provided link to bring a digital version of this resource into Google Classroom
The digital version includes links to online versions of the primary source images along with background information.
Thanks for looking!
Please take a moment to "Like" my page on Facebook
for frequent updates, giveaways, links and more! Thanks!