Brad Melter has created an incredible series of "I am" biography books for young people. This bundled product is a ZIP file that includes 13 individual literature companions for his series titled Ordinary People Change the World.
Due to the importance of the messages embedded in these stories, I've created these activities for 2nd-4th graders (as opposed to early primary grades). These "I am" biography books provide a fabulous segue for discussions about how ordinary people can change the world. With a growth mindset component in each product, your students can also have discussions about how these influential people exhibited a growth mindset. In addition, these books also provide a perfect platform for reviewing grade level language arts skills.
Please click on the individual products below to see a detailed list of what is included in each unit. Each product does contain a biographical sketch, comprehension questions, skills practice pages, writing prompts, and an additional (and unique) fun activity or craft that coincides with the book.
In this Brad Meltzer literature companion bundle, you will find the following products:
I AM JACKIE ROBINSON BY BRAD MELTZER
I AM HELEN KELLER BY BRAD MELTZER
I AM LUCILLE BALL BY BRAD MELTZER
I AM AMELIA EARHART BY BRAD MELTZER
I AM MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. BY BRAD MELTZER
I AM ABRAHAM LINCOLN BY BRAD MELTZER
I AM ALBERT EINSTEIN BY BRAD MELTZER
I AM ROSA PARKS BY BRAD MELTZER
I AM JANE GOODALL BY BRAD MELTZER
I AM GEORGE WASHINGTON BY BRAD MELTZER
I AM JIM HENSON BY BRAD MELTZER
I AM SACAGAWEA BY BRAD MELTZER
I AM GANDHI BY BRAD MELTZER
I AM HARRIET TUBMAN BY BRAD MELTZER
Many of these books brought tears to my eyes on one page and had me laughing on the next page. If you are debating about purchasing this set of books for your classroom, I can assure that you won't be disappointed. They quickly found a front row spot in my classroom (and my own children adore them as well)!
You may also be interested in these product categories as well:
GROWTH MINDSET ACTIVITESLITERATURE UNITS
CHARACTER TRAITS PRODUCTS
Sign up for access to my EXCLUSIVE FREE RESOURCE LIBRARY AND NEWSLETTER.
For updates on new products and product specials, follow me:
MY TPT STORE
has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher.
She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology
from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling
from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.