Problem: We all know too much screen time for kids is bad. But screens have invaded every inch of children's lives--from the classroom to the home to the car to the checkout line at the grocery store. Time spent glued to a screen is time NOT interacting with others or the real world around them. (Of course, we don't have this problem ourselves...)
Solution: Next week is National Screen-Free Week. Thousands of schools are participating in the effort to turn off the electronics...for one whole week. It may feel like a year...but by Friday maybe we will all be weaned a bit from our screens.
We needed accountability and rewards for the kids to make this event successful. So we created "Screen-Free" Brag Tags to celebrate each day our students go without their devices and an activity log to track what kids do with their "found" hours.
Results: Results aren't in yet, but we hope our students gain three objectives:
1) Recognize how much time is sucked away by meaningless screen time.
2) Recognize that most screen time is meaningless!
3) Find that the real world is more fun, more interactive, and more meaningful than any virtual world out there...no matter how good the graphics.
Be the first to know about our new products, discounts, freebies and sales:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. My store will be added to your email updates.
Save Money on Future Purchases by earning TPT credit:
1. Go to your My Purchases page. Each purchase has a Provide Feedback button. Click it and give a quick rating and leave feedback. You earn credits to lower your costs and we really value your feedback!
Follow us for more fun: