Brain Boosters increase concentration, confidence, and simply stated, Brain Boosters is a Smart Move!
We all know what it is like to keep working, maintain focus, and be productive when actually we feel both mentally, emotionally, and physically tired – perhaps even exhausted!
Brain Boosters are great for:
• Reducing challenging behaviors
• Motivational movements to increase focus and enthusiasm Builds confidence and self-awareness
• Increases oxygen, which improves brain functions
• Calming strategies to prevent or decrease stress and anxiety
• Keeps the body and mind in motion
• Improves cognitive development
• Incorporates mental and physical health and balance
• Promotes kinaesthetic an visual processing and auditory learning
International research has proven that short bursts of energy actually improve productivity, enhances learning, and increases overall wellbeing. Hence, we have developed brief time segments of Brian Boosters that serve as a win-win for all participants.
The simple the act of standing, walking, or stretching seem evasive – all because we are engrossed in a task oriented world. This packet provides purposeful movements, reflections, and intentional learning. It combines educational knowledge and occupational therapy theory to create easy to achieve activities.
Included in the package:
- 75 different Booster Shots that are designed to energize your class
- Each Brain Boosters are categorized into three time sections: 90 seconds, 3 minutes or 5 minutes
- They all connect to one or more of the seven senses: Vision, Taste, Touch, Hearing, Smell, Balance, and Movement and are broken down into 3 categories:
1) Movement activities for calming and re-focusing.
2) Calming activities for sensory seekers.
3) Movement activities for students who over react.
- School checklist to identify children what type of movement a child needs
- 3 case studies to help apply the brain boosters in class
- Teacher reflection journal
- Help you create a wellness watcher for your class
It is so simple to achieve 18 minutes of daily boosters
Find out more about how I use these Brain Booster Breaks at my blog.
Blog – Enable Me Method for more great activities and freebies.
Follow me on Twitter - Sheilagh Blyth OT
Great info and freebies on Facebook – Sheilagh Blyth OT
Copyright © Enable Me Method and Dr Tammy Stewart. All rights reserved by the authors. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.