Brain Booster Breaks for 11+
Brain Boosters increase concentration, confidence, and simply stated, Brain Boosters is a Smart Move!
We all know what it is like to keep working, maintain focus, and be productive when actually we feel both mentally, emotionally, and physically tired – perhaps even exhausted!
Brain Boosters are great for:
• Reducing challenging behaviors
• Motivational movements to increase focus and enthusiasm Builds confidence and self-awareness
• Increases oxygen, which improves brain functions
• Calming strategies to prevent or decrease stress and anxiety
• Keeps the body and mind in motion
• Improves cognitive development
• Incorporates mental and physical health and balance
• Promotes kinaesthetic an visual processing and auditory learning
International research has proven that short bursts of energy actually improve productivity, enhances learning, and increases overall wellbeing. Hence, we have developed brief time segments of Brian Boosters that serve as a win-win for all participants.
The simple the act of standing, walking, or stretching seem evasive – all because we are engrossed in a task oriented world. This packet provides purposeful movements, reflections, and intentional learning. It combines educational knowledge and occupational therapy theory to create easy to achieve activities.
Included in the package:
- 75 different Booster Shots that are designed to energize your class
- Each Brain Boosters are categorized into three time sections: 90 seconds, 3 minutes or 5 minutes
- They all connect to one or more of the seven senses: Vision, Taste, Touch, Hearing, Smell, Balance, and Movement and are broken down into 3 categories:
1) Movement activities for calming and re-focusing.
2) Calming activities for sensory seekers.
3) Movement activities for students who over react.
- School checklist to identify children what type of movement a child needs
- 3 case studies to help apply the brain boosters in class
- Teacher reflection journal
- Help you create a wellness watcher for your class
It is so simple to achieve 18 minutes of daily boosters
About Help with Handwriting:
This resource has been designed by myself, Sheilagh Blyth, using over 20 years of school-based occupational therapy experience and the latest handwriting research. It is suitable for all children in your class including those with special educational needs.
➯ Don't forget to follow my store to be alerted to new products.
➯ If you would like to read more about helping children learn to write, here is a link to my blog.