Ever tried a brain break in your classroom? They are awesome for energizing students and giving them tools to refocus their learning. In addition to my brain breaks, which can be found here, Brain Breaks: 45 Upper Elementary Brain Breaks
, I also incorporate "mindful moments" into my classroom.
Mindfulness is a wonderful trait to to teach students to help them develop strategies for calm and peaceful moments during the day. With these 25 mindful moments ready to go at any time, plus the powerpoint to display them to the whole class, I now have great strategies to help calm the environment and encourage my students in reflection and relaxation. The kids love the activities, I love the organization, and, now, I would love to share them with you!
How Mindful Moments Help:
- transitions activities that actually become time savers
- provide calm and peaceful breaks throughout the day
- settle a class after an energetic lesson, lunch, or recess
- activate students' minds to be relaxed and reflective
- 25 different mindful moment activities ranging from 1- 5 minutes; available in circles, rectangles, and full size posters
- Powerpoint with every mindful moment activity and an easy to navigate "table of contents" for quick links to each one (comes with editable student directions)
- Teacher Guide that details all 25 mindful moments with hints and direct instructions
AND... additional challenge activities for EVERY mindful moment. Once you've been through them a few times, these challenges make them seem like new!
If you like these mindful moment brain breaks, add these other packs to your classroom collection:
Brain Breaks: 25 Fit Sticks for Upper Elementary
Brain Breaks: 45 Upper Elementary Brain Breaks