Young students need to move in order to really focus. Draw a Silliness Siesta card every time your student's attention starts to drift – take the 2-3 minute break – and then get back to business at the piano.
HOW TO USE
- Use these cards whenever you feel your student’s energy and focus is starting to drop. - When this happens...
- Draw a card at random.
- Perform the action on the card.
- Return to the regular lesson plan.
- Print out the cards (page 3-10) double sided.
- Cut the cards apart along the dotted lines.
- Laminate if desired.
- Place in a bag, hat or other container that students can pick cards out of at random.
Silliness Siestas provide brain breaks and short off-the-bench time to help students stay focussed. These cards are particularly useful for preschoolers but are suitable for children of all ages.
Theory concepts covered: Brain breaks
Student Level: Newbie and up
Activity type: Practice/playing aid
Number of players: 1 player
Seasonal: Not season specific