Brain Teasers for Transitions is a set of 40 pages with more than 400 higher level thinking activities that are perfect when you have an extra five to ten minutes, and you'd like an educational but very fun activity for the kids to do. These are great right before recess or lunch when the kids are restless, but there isn't enough time to start a new lesson. Great set to leave out for a sub and they're also perfect for fast finishers and enrichment!
This set includes:
40 Pages of Brain Teaser Questions
Why you'll love this resource:
- Kids love the variety of questions and think they're fun!
- The Brain Teasers can be used with the whole class without running off copies! You can use a document camera or simply ask a question and have kids respond. I like having the kids use whiteboards but you could also do thumbs up or down, a simple raising of the hand, partner sharing, and more.
- They come with a record sheet, so you can use them as a fast finisher activity!
- You can throw them in the sub tub to be used as a perfect "filler" activity for extra minutes.
- The Brain Teasers are an easy way to provide a challenge, while allowing everyone to learn something new!
Each page is loaded with a variety of activities that are fun and engaging! Here’s a sample of a few types of activities your students will love!
• Two Truths and a Lie: Two of the facts about famous Americans are absolutely true but one of them isn't. Read all of the facts and have the kids guess which one is the lie.
• Would you Rather… Kids must choose between the two items. There is no “I like them the same”, or “I don’t like either of them” business!
• Find the Pattern: Math thinking activity. After coming up with the next two numbers, I like to have the kids tell me the rule mathematically
• How Many ______ Can You Name? Here the whiteboards would come in handy. I definitely set a time limit for this or some smart kid will go all day!
• Analogies: Once kids figure them out, it’s a great idea to discuss “why” they work.
• Name That Continent: A country is listed and the kids try to determine (Ok…lots of times they guess) which continent it is from. Here’s your chance to put that globe to good use!
• Which Two Don’t Belong: A list of words that fit a certain category. Sounds easy? Not always as often the words are very similar in nature.
• Scientific Questions: Food chains, land-forms, solar system, magnets, weather, animals and more!
Still not sure? Want to sample the FREE set of three Brain Teasers?
Looking for some new Brain Breaks ! This set has 100 task cards with over 250 ideas for simple, quick brain breaks you can use throughout the year.
Finally, if you like my work, I would love for you to click on the green star at the top to follow me.
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.