✅ Money Back Guarantee - if not completely satisfied with this product, I will be happy to refund your money.
Help students dig further into ideas such as how holidays come about, the view that not everybody celebrates the same things, and there are reasons behind established traditions.
- Students are encouraged to look at the history of Hanukkah, how it came about, and what traditions are celebrated.
- Students could also use these questions as a jumping point to learn about the origins of Kwanzaa. How are ideas about virtuous living transferred to traditions?
- Students could also look more deeply into the reasoning behind New Year's traditions.
1. Video Review Worksheet
After watching Winter Holidays, students fill out the video review worksheet in class, at home, independently or in pairs, or as a quiz.
In class, classmates may ask each other,
- "Did you know the answer before watching the video?” or
- “Does the answer surprise you?”
- “How do the video review questions and answers relate or connect to your life?”
- “What are the Oxford Dictionary definitions of key words?”
For homework, students can consider the extension questions, research them, and present (e.g. orally, Google slide, wall poster, report).
Answer key included for video review.
2. Winter Holidays Video Circle
A “Vid Circle” allows students to discuss the video from different perspectives.
- Up to 5 members in a circle.
- Members rotate jobs after each video they review together.
- Discussion Director: This student writes down 5 thought-provoking questions for the purpose of discussion. These could be taken from the extension questions and be science-related, social-studies-related, or related to anything else.
- Video Luminary: This student discusses one part of the video in depth by targeting the most appealing or informative section(s). They could find a YouTube video that matches their chosen section(s) of the video.
- Connector: This student finds connections between the video and the outside world. Students can connect to their lives, their life, events at school, or available library books.
- Wikipedier: This students look up topics related to the video on Wikipedia and presents 5 important sections or links in the Wikipedia page.
- Vocabulary Enricher: Vocab selected should focus on informative, useful, or key words Oxford dictionary definitions.
3. Winter Holidays Critical Think Questions
These questions help students understand more about the reasons behind common winter holidays.
Answers could take 5 minutes to 5 hours.
Bonus: video review and critical thinking questions included. Students can learn about the reason why winter occurs and where on Earth it snows. What do animals do to adapt to winter and how does the angle of the Earth’s axis affect seasonal change?
Visit https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Arctic-Walrus for my BP Jr. Video Reviews
⭐ Help build my store - please rate and review.