This is one of my favorite activities/ assessments we use for our government unit. Remember there are two separate games in the download. One for the branches of government (blue) and one for the Levels of government (red). There are 24 cards for each activity/ assessment. The kids always beg to play it. Here is what you do….
• Cut out all cards- Keep them separated for branches & levels
• If you choose to the branches activity first. Take the branches of government labels and hang them in three different parts of your room.
• Give each student a card. Once each student has a card they will get up and move quietly to where they feel they belong. Either executive, legislative, or judicial.
• I usually give my students 30 seconds to a minute. Once time is up, start with a branch and have the students say what card they have and assess if they are correct.
• If they are NOT correct have the class figure out where they belong. Do this until everyone is in the correct position.
• We always do it more than once just so each child will get a different card at least 3 times.
• Same exact rules for the levels of government activity!