Your students are going to love this hands-on approach to learning about the 3 Branches of Government. Resources include a LINKtivity digital learning guide, a student flipbook (printable or digital), answer key, a rubric, student directions, and a teacher guide.
Introduce your students to the basics of the Three Branches of Government with these kid-friendly activities.
Included in the download you will find:
1) An introductory article that gives historical background about why the US formed the three branches. This works as a great starter activity for your unit!
2) Three additional articles, each with a detailed look into each branch, explaining the people involved in each branch as well as the responsibilities of each branch. Each article also includes reflection questions to assess their understanding of each branch - printable & digital (Answer Keys Included)
3) A cut and paste sorting activity for students to reflect on what they have learned about each branch. Students sort out the groups of people as well as the responsibilities belonging to each branch of government -printable & digital (Answer Key Included)
4) A kid-friendly, interactive LINKtivity digital learning guide. The guide is loaded with hyperlinks to allow students to easily navigate around the guide by clicking on different images and text. Through the LINKtivity students will also be led to related, kid-friendly videos to help enhance their learning (YouTube access is needed for videos, however, videos are not essential to learning content). Audio support is also available to have text read to students - perfect for English language learners or students who could benefit from extra support. **.**
5) A "Three Branches of Government" flipbook for students to complete to show their understanding of each branch - printable and digital (Answer Key & Rubric Included)
6) A user-friendly teacher guide for using this resource - video tutorial included. All resources can be downloaded directly from the teacher guide for easy access.
***PLEASE NOTE*** If you have used LINKtivities from The Classroom Nook in the past, you will notice that the LINKtivity in this resource is provided in a new format that does NOT require any special program or software, but instead only access to the internet. I am rolling out this new format to all LINKtivities. Stay tuned!