Are you looking for a supplement to your units on the branches of government and how a bill becomes a law? Do you wish there was a way for your students to go through the law-making process? Have you been searching for colorful, professional-looking graphic organizers that depict the branches of federal government and the process by which a bill becomes a national law? Are you coming up empty in your search for reading comprehension passages and questions that deal with this topic? Then look no further! This is the packet for you!
Created especially for busy teachers who want to facilitate their students' learning about civics and other history topics, this bundle includes many original, professional materials that will aid you in your desire to make history come alive!
Please check out the PREVIEW to see all of the materials included in this bundle!
Included in this "Branches of Government and How a Bill Becomes a Law" reading and activity packet:
• “Branches of Federal Government” 3-column organizer (blank)
• “Branches of Federal Government” 3-column organizer (filled)
• “Levels and Officials of Government” pyramid organizer (blank)
• “Levels and Officials of Government” pyramid organizer (filled)
• “How a Bill Becomes a Law” sequence of events organizer (blank)
• “How a Bill Becomes a Law” sequence of events organizer (filled)
• 3-page “How a Bill Becomes a Law” reading passage with
10-question comprehension assessment
• 2-page “Branches of Federal Government” reading passage with 10-question comprehension assessment
• Foldable nameplates for use with “How a Bill Becomes a Law” role-playing activity: President, House of Representatives, Senate, Committee, Sub-Committee
• “House of Representatives Bill Proposal” (filled sample)
• “House of Representatives Bill Proposal” (blank)
• “Senate Bill Proposal” (blank)
• 2-page HR “Bill Summary” (blank)
• 2-page S “Bill Summary” (blank)
You might also like...
12 EDITABLE Themed Class Newsletter Templates (Month-by-Month)
EDITABLE School Class Newsletter Template (Primary Colors with Owl)
Classroom Library Signs & Labels for Book Bins and Books BRIGHTS
Classroom Library Signs & Labels for Book Bins and Books PRIMARY
The ULTIMATE Back to School Teacher Planner Binder Calendar (Blue & Green)
Five, Ten, and Twenty Frames With Three Activities Each (Pirate Theme)
Common Core Math Review Board Game (Fourth Grade)
Substitute Teacher Binder / Notebook Resources
Back to School Teacher Planner Binder Calendar (Pink & Green)
Connect with Teaching Works
To receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales, be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on ‘Follow Me’ next to my seller picture. Visit my Teaching Works blog
for more great products. You can also find me on Instagram
Copyright © Amy Pinkerton. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.