Reading Workshop lesson on using context clues to determine meaning of new vocabulary. This lesson comes from a close reading set of five reading workshop lessons surrounding the book Brave Girl by Michelle Markel. This is an informational picture book that ties right into Social Studies standards! Includes a lesson plan (opening, mini-lesson, work time and closing), relevant graphic organizer for interactive notebooks, and some support ideas for struggling students.
The five lesson topics:
1. Get the Gist (RI.5.1 and RI.5.10)
2. Vocabulary and Context Clues (RI.5.4 and RL.5.4a)
3. Main Ideas and Key Details (RI.5.2)
4. Author’s Purpose with Evidence (RI.5.8)
5. Language and Word Choice (RL.5.5a and b) with Constructed Response
You can buy all five lessons together at a discounted rate ($7.50). Enjoy!