Brave Irene by William Steig Reading and Writing Bundle in Digital and PDF
Also included in
- This unit bundle features rich winter themed books and activities perfect for reading and writing workshop plus two winter partner plays and my winter poetry set. The books featured in this bundle include the following:Snow by Cynthia Rylant (digital included)Snowflakes Fall by Patricia MacLachlanOPrice $28.00Original Price $41.00Save $13.00
- This William Steig bundle for five of his books including Brave Irene, Doctor DeSoto, Sylvester and the Magic Pebble, The Amazing Bone, and Amos & Boris PLUS an author lapbook AND a Boom Card Deck. The materials include before, during, and after reading activities for close reading of each book.Price $22.99Original Price $31.46Save $8.47
Brave Irene is a sweet story of perseverance, courage, and determination to help others. In true William Steig style, the story has rich vocabulary and description making it a great mentor text for visualizing, author's craft, and especially for writing.
HOW TO USE THIS BRAVE IRENE UNIT?
The setting is in the winter, but the story can be used year round. Teachers may wish to use this as a mentor text for visualizing, author's craft, narrative elements or problem/solution. The unit integrates reading comprehension skills with writer's craft.
WHAT ACTIVITIES ARE INCLUDED IN THIS BRAVE IRENE UNIT?
- Making predictions organizer
- Vocabulary Building Organizer and Word Cards
- Analyzing story elements
- Author's craft visualizing and impressions
- Analyzing writing features
- Question Task Cards and Response Sheet
- Related writing prompt to plan, compose, revise and publish a descriptive story
HOW IS THIS BUNDLE ORGANIZED?
This comprehension focused reading and writing unit includes materials for before, during, and after reading in digital and pdf. The writing portion uses the book as a mentor text with a narrative prompt on Brave Moments. You can compile the final drafts into a fun class book. This unit is best for upper elementary. For a closer look, please open the preview above.
WHAT OTHER TEACHERS HAD TO SAY ABOUT THIS BUNDLE:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Mrs. Hogan's Heroes says, "We didn't use every resource in this set, but the ones we did were great. Very organized and perfect for teaching character traits and story elements."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Mary Larsen says, "I love William Steig and I love Brave Irene. So.... I love this! Really great graphic organizers, great examples of pulling the story apart, and great writing prompt. Thank You."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Deborah C. says, "My class loves these. I can leave them for substitutes and know my students will behave.."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Missy H.. says, "This is an excellent resource for one of my favorite read-alouds!"
OTHER WINTER RESOURCES YOU'D LIKE:
- Owl Moon
- The Hat
- Trouble with Trolls
- The Three Snow Bears
- The Mystery of the Lost Mitten
- Penguins on Parade
- Frosty's Magical Appearance
- The Mitten
GET THEM ALL FOR A DISCOUNTED PRICE:
Copyright © Comprehension Connection.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.