Bread and Circuses Infotext & Primary Source Analysis
teaches students how the emperors of Rome used free food and extravagant events to entertain and pacify their citizens. Students read about the methods emperors used, and then move on to a first hand account from the Roman statesman, Seneca, of the bloody gladiator fights to the death. The final two questions from this resource links the Roman games of 2000 years ago to America today. This is an engrossing and important activity linking past to present. This can be used in class or as homework as it’s a completely stand alone assignment.
Save some money & make it easy on yourself
by grabbing this amazing product, along with the entire Ancient Rome unit including PowerPoints, worksheets, lesson plans, review and assessment. Get Ancient Rome Unit Bundled.
• Ancient Rome Video Questions - Youtube Video Link included
• Ancient Rome PowerPoints
• Fall of Rome Mini-Book Project
• Persecution of Christians in Rome Primary Source Activity
• The Punic Wars & Roman Imperialism Infotext Analysis
• Romulus & Remus Myth, Roman Religion, Education & Social Classes
• Rome Crossword Puzzle Review
• Ancient Rome Unit Bundled
More stuff on the way!
“Follow me” to be the first to know about new products!
Also, follow me on Pinterest at World History Ideas
or World History TpT Store
Ancient Rome Unit
Roman Empire Unit