My students are in love with this game! I use the game to end a guided reading lesson as well as at my working with words center.
I have included instructions for four different High Frequency Word Games that can be played with these fun breakfast words.
Splat: Students flip over the breakfast foods and read the words. If they flip over a splat card they have to empty their plate. The player with most words on their plate at the end of the game wins.
Breakfast flips: Students flip over the breakfast foods and read the words. If they are correct they place it on their plate
Speedy Chef: Cards are placed face up on the floor. One player is the caller and calls out a word. Players race to find that word card. The first player to find it places it on their plate. The players with the most cards at the end of the game is the winner.
Spin a Meal: Players take turns spinning the spinner. If they land on a waffle, they find a waffle with a word on it and read it. If they can read the word correctly they get to keep it. If they are incorrect they put the word back.
Included in this set:
- instructions for the four games
- 150+ grade 1 high frequency words on different breakfast food (bacon, sausage, eggs, pancakes, orange juice and waffles)
- a spinner
- 6 different coloured plates for piling the students food words on
- calling cards for short order cook
- black line version is included as well.
Thanks for stopping by!