Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This is a video question set to accompany the fourth episode of the PBS Series
Episode 4 tells the story of the development of the car, from ancient sleds powered by primitive dogs to autonomous vehicles powered by graphene batteries. Gary Numan was not available for the narration, so Patrick Stewart handled the voice-over.
This set includes 35 questions that students can answer during a single, uninterrupted viewing of the episode. After the entire series has aired (by June, 2019), a discounted bundle of all six episodes will be offered. For now, my plan is to shadow each new episode with a question set within one week of the airdate.
Lessons of Phyz advantages:
· A heavy font ensures high legibility even in dim lighting
· Questions are designed to be answered while the video plays—quick, simple responses keep students engaged without requiring deep reflection that would take them out of the presentation
· Question types are mixed: fill-in-the-blank, multiple choice, check lists, and short answer are common; in some cases, matching or sequencing.
· Certain moments in a documentary merit undivided attention. No questions have been placed in those moments.
· "Play to the buzzer": Whenever possible, the last question in the set is answered during the last minutes of the video.
· I am a classroom teacher who has designed these resources for use with my students.