"Just take a deep breath."
<<Child gets more escalated.>>
If this sounds like your students, you are not alone. Deep breathing is such a powerful emotional regulation tool because it is easily accessible and always available. But children need a lot of practice with deep breathing before it can be a tool they can use at moments of stress or crisis.
These deep breathing activity cards make breathing practice both fun and structured. Each card has cute graphics and a fun name that make it engaging and memorable for your learners.
- Rainbow breathing
- Butterfly breathing
- Snake breathing
- Bubble breathing
- Birthday breathing
- Flower breathing
- directions for assembling
- 6 breathing task cards with five mini-cards
- 6 breathing task cards with three mini-cards
- 6 breathing task cards with five checkboxes
- Variations of the cards to make printing and assembling more efficient
HOW TO USE:
- During calm times, model for your students.
- Then your student will take a card and take one breath as described on the card.
- They will move one Velcroed mini-card from the top to bottom after each breath.
- Or they will check off a box with a dry erase marker.
- You provide scaffolded opportunities by starting with just 3 breaths, then move to 5 breaths.
Note: this is a digital download that you will assemble for your students. This license is for a single classroom or one school counselor/social worker to use in their office. If it will be distributed throughout multiple classrooms, you'll need to purchase extra licenses or I can create a school license for a discount (email firstname.lastname@example.org).