Also included in
- NGSS aligned STEAM activities motivate, challenge, and provide hands on science learning. Problem Solving STEM science experiments move beyond science worksheets to engage learners using the engineering design process. CURRENTLY INCLUDED in PROBLEM SOLVING SCIENCE Bundle: 3 STEAM & STEM Scienc$7.40$9.25Save $1.85
- These NGSS aligned STEM activities and challenges motivate students with authentic growth mindset learning. This year-long bundle of STEAM projects incorporates the engineering design process within stem challenges. ⭐ This money saving ALL STEAM & STEM BUNDLE is priced 25% less than the cost of$48.35$64.50Save $16.15
NGSS: 3-5ETS1-1 Are you interested in learning more about using the design cycle with STEM? Check out this FREE STEAM CHALLENGE! The science research project guides students through engineering design process to create a bridge model, test strength and report findings.
If you enjoy the format of this FREEBIE, check out the bundle!
(Currently: 16 NGSS Aligned Projects)
❤ All STEM Projects are OPEN ENDED, allowing student flexibility to create and test unique designs. ❤
• Note to Teacher: STEAM Philosophy & Supply Suggestions
• Student Direction Page:
The presented scenario sets students up to model of a bridge to replace an old bridge across the river in their town.
• Investigate: Research Types of Bridges
Graphic Organizer- truss, beam, suspension, and arch
• Plan: Bridge Design Sketch
After investigation the characteristics of bridges, students draw a plan for a model.
• Improve Design: Collaboration Brainstorm
Students brainstorm new ideas with a classmate using a graphic organizer.
• Evaluate: Competition Data
• Evaluate: Bridge Reflection Report
• Engineering Design Cycle Reflection: 2 Versions
Students will reflect about what they did as they worked through each part of the engineering design cycle.
• 6 Venn Diagrams:
Students will use understanding of bridge types to complete Venn Diagrams.
• Grading Rubric:
The grading rubric allows teachers to assess how students used and applied their knowledge of a type of bridge to plan, create, and reflect on their model.
• Bridge Showcase: Voting slips and certificates
• Organizer: Types of Bridges
Earth Science STEAM and STEM Challenges
Life Science STEAM and STEM Challenge
Physical Science STEAM and STEM Challenges
Problem Solving STEAM and STEM Challenges
Are you Looking for other CREATIVE THINKING Activities? Check These Out:
Thank you for reviewing my product!
♥ ♥ ♥ I enjoy learning from you! If you choose to download this product, I'd appreciate if you'd take the time to leave feedback. ♥ ♥ ♥
Let's Keep in Touch!