Looking for a fun way to top off your literature unit? ThemeQuotes Trivia Games are just what you need!
What is a ThemeQuote?
A ThemeQuote is a thought-provoking, value-promoting quotation that relates to a theme of a work of literature. ThemeQuotes are authored by great minds such as Gandhi, Anne Frank, Mark Twain, Pearl Buck, Thoreau, Emerson, Amy Tan, Nietzsche, Thomas Jefferson, Eleanor Roosevelt, Kipling, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and more!
ThemeQuotes Trivia Games link famous quotations to the themes of the literature you teach!
Designed specifically for classroom use, ThemeQuotes Trivia Games combine the word-recognition skills of Wheel of Fortune™ with the challenge of Trivial Pursuit™.
Students might be asked to:
* answer questions about the author
* answer multiple choice, true/false, and open-ended questions based on the book
* answer questions that are related to the content of the book
* locate grammatical errors in dialogue
* translate idioms or dialectical phrases
* define, spell, or pronounce challenging words
* complete examples of figurative language
* unscramble anagrams or word merges
* and so much more!
Students have fun while being exposed to great thinkers!
ThemeQuotes Trivia Games:
* promote values
* encourage teamwork
* develop students’ understanding of theme
* challenge students’ reading-for-detail skills
* provide a great review for objective tests
* are just plain fun!
FYI: Some of the questions go beyond the book, but that's the fun of the game. Such questions, which are usually presented in multiple-choice format, require students to rely on their past experiences and their critical thinking skills to select the correct answer of the three choice provided. It's a fun way to learn something new! Check out the preview for examples!
The Bridge to Terabithia edition includes:
* 132 trivia questions
* 12 transparency-ready ThemeQuotes puzzles
* ThemeQuotes puzzles key
Elementary editions of ThemeQuotes Trivia Games:
* Bridge to Terabithia
* The Cay
* Island of the Blue Dolphins
* Julie of the Wolves
* Maniac Magee
* Number the Stars
* Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
* The Sign of the Beaver
* Summer of the Monkeys
* Where the Red Fern Grows
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW FILE TO SEE SAMPLE TRIVIA QUESTIONS AND A SAMPLE THEMEQUOTE PUZZLE!
More fun products over Bridge to Terabithia. View all 14 in my store!
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: Bookmarks Plus—A Handy Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more!
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA Trivia Game My ThemeQuotes games are the only games that link famous, value-promoting quotations to the themes of the books you teach! Students work in teams to play this cross between Wheel of Fortune™ and Trivia Pursuit™ game! 132 questions!
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus! Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the Bridge to Terabithia edition of Bookmarks Plus and the Bridge to Terabithia Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: Synonym/Antonym Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus! When used with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword, this puzzle helps reinforce the definitions of new words.
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: Vocabulary Crossword—Fun Way to Learn New Words! Students provide synonyms for challenging words from the story. Good extra credit activity!
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: 10 Word Merges—One “Word” Becomes Two! Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: 11 Cryptograms—Encoded Similes from the Novel! Students must use their knowledge of the story, their spelling skills, and their imaginations to decode examples of similes from the story! Each cryptogram puzzle has its own code. A great way to teach figurative language!
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: 4 Categorized Word Searches Based on the Book! Categories: Characters; Lark Creek Elementary; Friday Afternoons; Sites to See in Washington, D.C.
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: 4 Fill-In Word Puzzles—Good Trial-and-Error Workout! Students enter common words from the story into the puzzle grid, based on the number of letters in the word. The puzzle can be challenging, but each time students enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: 5 Fractured Maxim Word Puzzles Students rearrange “tiles” to form wise sayings that relate to the themes of the book. Requires students to use their knowledge of the story as well as their knowledge of theme, spelling, phonics, vocabulary, and language!
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: 6 Cryptocategory Word Puzzles—Unique! Students decode lists of categorized words from the book! Categories: Chapter Titles; Terabithia; Julia Edmonds; Jess; Jess’s Home Life; Leslie’s Home Life;
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: 9 Quotefall Word Puzzles—Unique! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: Anagram Crossword Puzzle—Challenging! Students decipher common terms from the novel! The puzzle can be challenging, but, as with all crosswords, almost every time they enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: Characters’ Quotations Crossword—Fun! Students use their knowledge of the story as well as their spelling skills to figure out what word goes in the blank!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!
12 page front to back; 12 single pages