This crossword puzzle contains anagrams of familiar words from BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA. Every clue is a scrambled word that students have to unscramble. For example, "swodo" translates to "woods," and "treSsi" translates to "sister." In some clues, the first letter of the word is capped (as in the "sister" clue above) to aid students in decoding the word. Students might not know them all, but, as with all crosswords, answers are revealed as students fill in the ones they do know. A good spelling workout!
Below are more unique products over Bridge to Terabithia. View them all in my store!
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: Bookmarks Plus—A Handy Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more!
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA Trivia Game My ThemeQuotes games are the only games that link famous, value-promoting quotations to the themes of the books you teach! Students work in teams to play this cross between Wheel of Fortune™ and Trivia Pursuit™ game! 132 questions!
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus! Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the Bridge to Terabithia edition of Bookmarks Plus and the Bridge to Terabithia Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: Synonym/Antonym Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus! When used with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword, this puzzle helps reinforce the definitions of new words.
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: Vocabulary Crossword—Fun Way to Learn New Words! Students provide synonyms for challenging words from the story. Good extra credit activity!
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: 10 Word Merges—One “Word” Becomes Two! Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: 11 Cryptograms—Encoded Similes from the Novel! Students must use their knowledge of the story, their spelling skills, and their imaginations to decode examples of similes from the story! Each cryptogram puzzle has its own code. A great way to teach figurative language!
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: 4 Categorized Word Searches Based on the Book! Categories: Characters; Lark Creek Elementary; Friday Afternoons; Sites to See in Washington, D.C.
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: 4 Fill-In Word Puzzles—Good Trial-and-Error Workout! Students enter common words from the story into the puzzle grid, based on the number of letters in the word. The puzzle can be challenging, but each time students enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: 5 Fractured Maxim Word Puzzles Students rearrange “tiles” to form wise sayings that relate to the themes of the book. Requires students to use their knowledge of the story as well as their knowledge of theme, spelling, phonics, vocabulary, and language!
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: 6 Cryptocategory Word Puzzles—Unique! Students decode lists of categorized words from the book! Categories: Chapter Titles; Terabithia; Julia Edmonds; Jess; Jess’s Home Life; Leslie’s Home Life;
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: 9 Quotefall Word Puzzles—Unique! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: Anagram Crossword Puzzle—Challenging! Students decipher common terms from the novel! The puzzle can be challenging, but, as with all crosswords, almost every time they enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: Characters’ Quotations Crossword—Fun! Students use their knowledge of the story as well as their spelling skills to figure out what word goes in the blank!
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: Figurative Language Crossword—Fun and Unique! Students use their knowledge of the story, their knowledge of language, and their imaginations to complete these clues. All are examples of similes, metaphors, hyperbole, etc., from the story! A great way to approach figurative language!
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: Reading-for-Detail Crossword—Based on the Book! A great way to check students’ reading skills!
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: 12 Theme-Related Quotations + Teaching Ideas Well-researched, thought-provoking quotations by some of history’s greatest thinkers—each quotation relates to a theme in the book!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!